My Friday Favourites

d2ef448f508bf91acbe31f44d02bde41

(Source)

Happy Friday friends! What a week it has been, my first week of working 5 days with no public holidays in sight again.

I don’t know about you but I’m really glad it is the weekend!

Tonight I’m taking Nick out to a very belated birthday dinner. I said I would be happy to take him anywhere so he of course wants to just go to a pub and have a Parma. (Boys!)

Tomorrow I have one of my nephew’s 1st birthdays, followed by a baby shower. So it is a very kid focussed weekend.

Sunday I’m planning on doing not much, sleeping in, reading and not much else.

Here are my favourites this week..

Friday Favourites

ec06ddad07ff14104977cc4d24bbafe9

My favourite running motivation picture at the moment. Reminding myself of this every time I run right now.

26c31215be18566fa5a87ab3b02ea58a My favourite funny of the week. Hehe yes!

6ca926710e2d37249d3270c1cc5709a1

My favourite necklace of the week is this Scale Necklace on Etsy. I just think it is really different but cute.

wholegrainscones

My favourite food photography of the week are these Seeded Whole Grain Scones with Tahini. The recipe sounds pretty amazing too.

2261187bd869cc9c9cfc0af63a0cf1be

My favourite dream travel destination this week is Coron island, Philippines. It looks amazing to me.

5ee6703e232179fca8c7c51881ba3d7b

My other favourite funny of the week. Lol so true!

3bd7d50d25e15ebdfa178869940e0b6f

My favourite winter outfit idea. I love wearing boots over jeans in winter which it isn’t quite yet here in Melbourne but we are certainly getting some cold weather.

How has your week been?

What are you planning to do this weekend?

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 1:30 am | Permalink

Happy Friday Jan! it is still Thursday over here… But Friday cannot come soon enough! We have a bank holiday on Monday so bring on another 3 day weekend and 4 day week :)
    Those scones look so good and get me to coron island asap please! I want to swim in crystal clear water like that! Have a great weekend!

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:06 am | Permalink

Happy now Wednesday :)

Lucky you having an extra extra long weekend! I hope you enjoyed it.

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 2:40 am | Permalink

Those Whole Grain Scones look so good. I absolutely love scones :) Surprisingly I’ve never made them though…

Also, that Holding Doors ‘funny’ really is true! I’m one of those last people and always wonder why I stand there and wait. I can’t say I do it all of the time but I definitely do it from time to time.
    Diane @ Life of Di. recently posted…Oh Glorious Day: Easter 2014.My Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:09 am | Permalink

I know how yum do they look? The only time I’ve made scones is back in high school in home ec, but they weren’t the easiest thing to make.
      :D hehe

I hope you had a nice weekend.

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 2:52 am | Permalink

Love the exacto knife one!
    jade recently posted…OTPYWG #6My Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:09 am | Permalink

:D

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 4:13 am | Permalink

Ooh that necklace is super cute! I also loved the door-holding pic. Door holding is a “thing” at the college where I work, but some people take it a little too far and I feel like I should run to the door so they’re not standing there forever haha.

Enjoy your weekend, your Sunday sounds perfect!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…First-world vacation problemsMy Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:10 am | Permalink

That is so funny that it is a ‘thing’ at your college :) There must be a lot of doors?

I had a great weekend. I hope you have been enjoying your holiday :)

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 4:31 am | Permalink

I was like why is Jan posting a wintery outfit hahah you know the time difference and now the seasons always throw me off! I love that necklace alooooot and Etsy in general. Enjoy your weekend!
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…#sunshineyogis and a Leg Strengthening SequenceMy Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:11 am | Permalink

Lol yep we are heading into winter here, want to swap seasons? ;)

I have to force myself to stop browsing on Etsy as I’d buy too much and I already buy too much on eBay anyway.

I hope you had a nice weekend.

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 7:08 am | Permalink

Jealous it’s your Friday! And for a second I was baffled as to why you were showing winter outfits…duh!
    Tara Newman recently posted…7 Podcasts for Triathletes and Endurance JunkiesMy Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:11 am | Permalink

Yes the old other side of the world season swap ;)

I hope you had a lovely weekend :D

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 7:11 am | Permalink

:lol: Omg that door distance thing just killed me. I feel the same way, or when someone stops for me to cross the street… I literally sprint across because I feel so awkward that they have to wait. And boots over skinny jeans is one of my favourite fashion trends. We’re going into spring here, and I’m still holding on to my boots for as long as I can!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #76 .My Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:12 am | Permalink

:D Umm yep I feel you on the street crossing one too.

I’ll swap you coming into winter for spring any day ;) I’d even give up wearing boots.

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

haha love the funny pictures. that door one is especially true! it’s always so awkward. and can i go to that dream location now please? how beautiful ! happy weekend jan!
    caitlyn @ city and the cubicle recently posted…Five Facts Friday: It’s My Birth Month!My Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:12 am | Permalink

I know I would love a tropical holiday right now :D

I hope you had a lovely weekend!

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 12:29 pm | Permalink

Scones with Tahini – now I am intrigued! Love the funnies – both of ‘em – but I hate to admit this – I am one of those door openers that falls in the middle of that graphic! YIKES! :)

Week was a little crazy – but tomorrow is our Friday and I think I am gonna try and leave work early – Visitng a food truck park is on the agenda for tomorrow, spending time with my folks on Saturday, and church and cleaning on Sunday! Hope you have a wonderful weekend Jan!
    Shashi @ RunninSrilankan recently posted…What I take for granted…My Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:13 am | Permalink

I know how yum do they sound :)

Haha it is nice to be polite and open doors for people.

Visiting a food truck sounds like fun. I hope you had a wonderful weekend with all the great activities you had planned.

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 2:09 pm | Permalink

I confess I had today off, so that’s three short working weeks :P Not ready to face a full-week back yet haha

I like the necklace too! It has a bit of Christmas-y vibe to it I think, maybe just because of the way it’s hanging in the photo, it may sit differently when you wear it and not look so ‘tree-like’ Nevertheless fab! :)

Tahini + Scones = Fantasy afternoon tea.

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:15 am | Permalink

Wow super jealous! But it is karma as I know you wanted a vitamix and michael kors bag too so it is payback time ;) hehe

Yeah it does have a christmas vibe you are right.

OMG right? I need to try this recipe.

I hope you enjoyed your extra long weekend!

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 9:17 pm | Permalink

I love that necklace! It’s so unique. I completely forgot that y’all are gearing up for winter. I just packed up all my winter clothes this past weekend : ( I miss boots and jeans already.
    Stacie@SimplySouthernStacie recently posted…Friday Faves: Skin and Hair EditionMy Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:15 am | Permalink

I’ll swap you our winter for your spring! ;) I do like wearing boots and coats but I much prefer warm weather any day of the week.

I hope you had a nice weekend.

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 11:40 pm | Permalink

Happy Friday friend! Hope you enjoyed your day! That door photo is sooooooo true! It annoys me when people do that, as I would rather they just went through! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Training Update 4/20-5/3My Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:17 am | Permalink

Lol yes I know – damn people trying to be extra polite ;) haha

I hope you had a lovely weekend my friend! Congratulations again on that MBA!! I am in awe. I may do mine one day too but not for a while yet.

• Posted May 3, 2014 at 12:22 am | Permalink

If you saw me dressed for winter, you would not see my outfit as I would be covered by my jacket lol

Love that necklace :)

Enjoy the belated bday dinner tonight!
    Kierston recently posted…#RECIPEFRIDAY: Easy Tomato Basil and Olive Sauce…My Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:17 am | Permalink

Lol yes too true, I usually always wear a jacket too.

I hope you had a lovely weekend lady :D

• Posted May 3, 2014 at 1:58 am | Permalink

Your funnies made me laugh!!! That one with holding the door is always so awkward :) . Have a great celebration dinner!
    Megan (The Lyons’ Share) recently posted…Healthy Cinco-de-Layer Dip (or Mini Salad!)My Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:18 am | Permalink

Good I am glad :) I hope you had a lovely weekend.

• Posted May 3, 2014 at 8:05 am | Permalink

Good funnies this week. Love the exacto knife one! My husband’s traveling for work in the area where my sister’s family lives. He’s been gone for a week, so I’m joining him tonight and this weekend. We’re gonna spend time with my family, grill out, and watch the KY derby tomorrow. Should be nice and relaxing!
    Jaclyn @ BumpSweat recently posted…5 Fit-Friday FavoritesMy Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:18 am | Permalink

:D

I hope you enjoyed your weekend away. Sounds like what you had planned was great :)

• Posted May 3, 2014 at 9:42 am | Permalink

haha love the “Holding Doors” photo…so true! Have a great weekend with all of the kiddos!
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…10 Minute Ab Workout + May GoalsMy Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:19 am | Permalink

:D I hope you had a great weekend too!

• Posted May 3, 2014 at 5:41 pm | Permalink

I am dying for an island holiday! I’m going to Italy in a few weeks so can’t complain too much, I guess :P Happy weekend!
    Tara @ Sweat like a Pig recently posted…How I became body confidentMy Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:20 am | Permalink

Meet you in Hawaii? Or what is halfway? wherever it is I am there! It is getting colder by the second.

Yes you can’t complain too much, Italy or any holiday right now would be awesome.

I hope you had a great weekend :)

• Posted May 4, 2014 at 9:28 pm | Permalink

i love your cartoons, where do you find these? and yes to the scones, well minus the gluten for me. Bugger
    lindsay recently posted…Mexican Chocolate and Walnut Healthy BitesMy Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:21 am | Permalink

Pinterest, Nick sends them to me, other people at work send them to me ;)

I’m sure they’d work with gluten free flour – says me who’s never tried baking gluten free scones.

• Posted May 7, 2014 at 1:13 am | Permalink

I’m going to try and make a cake like that for Braiden’s Birthday party this month!
    Ashley @ Kick Ash Mom.com recently posted…lessons on how to be coolMy Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:48 am | Permalink

:D You would do very well to make a cake like it! Such a great mum thing to do.