20 Things that are not easier to do without an arm cast on

A few weeks ago I gave you my list of 20 things that are easier without an arm cast on.

Gigi in the comments suggested I make a list of the opposite :)

So here it is….

1. Finding the horn to beep in the car when driving and someone’s cut me off

5f126d11cef5b27a2e22b21854e21ae3

Nick gets very frustrated at me as he’s like beep them, beep them and I’m like I can’t find the horn and by the time I do its too late ;)

2. Not being a klutz

I’m naturally inclined to bump into things, drop things and generally be a klutz (I mean hey I broke my wrist right!). I don’t know if its because I get distracted as I do things or don’t concentrate but I will always be klutzy.

3. Reading maps

I’m terrible at directions, reading maps and geography in general. Thank goodness for Google Maps and Nick I get lost a lot less now.

4. Getting to sleep

cant-sleep

I’m not and never have been one of those people that falls asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. My head hits the pillow and my brain likes to throw a party of random thoughts.

5. Doing my hair in a French braid

My arms get tired, the pieces of hair I use are uneven.

6. Remembering to water the plants

We’ve owned multiple plants before and in spite of having a good memory I seem to block out the task of watering plants after you get them. Yes I’ve killed a lot of plants, for shame.

7. Drawing

photo-4

(Some of my best work)

My sister got all the art genes, especially when it comes to drawing.

8. Painting my nails and not chipping them within 30 minutes

Every time I paint my nails, something in my mind decides it is a great time to clean and I always end up chipping them. Always.

9. Taking selfies

funny-picture-old-school-selfie

I think because in my mind I feel completely silly taking them, that always translates to the picture too.

10. Doing any kind of sport

I love running, I love the gym because for the most part you don’t need as much hand eye coordination as say tennis, or any sport with a ball.

11. Remembering to take an umbrella

I will look outside, see it is raining and then usually forget 20 seconds later to actually take an umbrella with me.

12. Cooking steak

I always leave this up to Nick as I have a knack for overcooking it every time I try.

13. Drinking beer

Funny Beer Drinking Cats (1 1)

Blech, no. I just don’t like it so no I haven’t go any better at it ;)

14. Being friendly to the gym receptionist at 6am

I’m lucky to be awake and working out, I can barely mumble hello at the point I see her.

15. Remembering people’s names when they say it on first meeting

Ever time I say I’m going to repeat it to myself and every time I don’t and instantly forget.

16. Putting on gel or liquid eyeliner

I can get one eye done well, then the 2nd eye I always manage to stuff up and smudge (which is why I rarely wear it).

17. Not cleaning my plate

My mum drilled it into me from a young age to clean my plate. I’ve tried to break that habit but if I’m not thinking I will eat everything on my plate without checking if I’m still hungry.

18. Impulsively bidding on things on ebay

$T2eC16N,!)0FIZRWS3moBSeGZn7+p!~~60_3

(I really needed this to use my phone in bed when my arm was broken) ;)

I think of something, look it up on ebay and then 2 seconds later I’ve bid on it. It’s not usually really expensive stuff but some of it can be a waste of money.

19. Not binge watching tv showsΒ

If I find a tv show that has been around for ages and I didn’t know it existed and was amazing I struggle not to binge watch the whole lot. Like True Detective, The Following, Awkward, Lindsay (yes Lindsay Lohan’s documentary series, it was trashy and awesome).

20. Checking my voicemail

I never, ever check my voicemail and in fact I haven’t even set it up properly, but people still leave me messages and I never listen to them I just look at who rang and call them back.

What is on your list of things in life that have not ever been easy for you?

• Posted April 30, 2014 at 1:57 am | Permalink

I am so guilty of #20! And as for #5 – I cannot do a decent french braid with two not-recently-broken-and-casted hands!
    Something that has been really hard for me to do recently is go into a plant nursery and walk out empty handed! GAH!
    Shashi recently posted…Healthy Chocolate Scones!My Profile

Posted May 2, 2014 at 8:55 am | Permalink

I can’t ever do good french braids! I’ve tried but I’m just not good at getting those pieces even ;)

Lol I think we all have those shops for us that we can’t resist buying things at. Happy Friday lovely.

• Posted April 30, 2014 at 2:23 am | Permalink

Hahaha I am the exact same way with eyeliner! I can’t do it!!!

Posted May 2, 2014 at 8:57 am | Permalink

why is it so difficult to do? :)

• Posted April 30, 2014 at 6:14 am | Permalink

Hahaha this is an awesome post concept. And I can relate to so many of these… such as, #16 (eye liner), #17, and #20… Haven’t checked my voicemail in ages!! Fab post :)

Posted May 2, 2014 at 8:58 am | Permalink

:D OMG eyeliner, why is it so hard to apply?

I haven’t even set my voicemail up properly but people can still leave me a message and they do and I never listen! ;)

• Posted April 30, 2014 at 9:32 am | Permalink

I hate voicemail! Just text me, or I’ll call you later. I don’t know, it’s like so much pressure or something.
    Emily recently posted…Easter FestivusMy Profile

Posted May 2, 2014 at 8:59 am | Permalink

I know right? I hate it when people leave a voicemail. I don’t ever leave voicemails unless its for work and even then I usually email instead if I can’t catch someone on the phone.

• Posted April 30, 2014 at 11:19 am | Permalink

Hate voicemails. When we lived in the States, I’d never listen. People usually knew to just text me whatever they had to say.
    Jessie recently posted…WIAW: Meals from Tuesday April 29thMy Profile

Posted May 2, 2014 at 8:59 am | Permalink

Yes most people know to text me but there are a few people who don’t get it. Like my dad always leaves me voicemails, I haven’t listened to one of his in years, haha

• Posted April 30, 2014 at 1:33 pm | Permalink

OMFG “OLD SKOOL SELFIE” – I DIE – I DIE I TELL YOU!!!!!!! And I holy crap, what is UPPPPP with our brains giving us the most genius ideas EVER right before we go to bed?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That’s when I write most of my stuff, I type it all into my iPhone note pad – LOL! If I am not too tired to turn over to type it. However…… Wearing an arm cast would definitely NOT make this an easy FEAT!!!!
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…WTF Are They Made Of, Healthy DoughnutsMy Profile

Posted May 2, 2014 at 9:00 am | Permalink

HAHA good because I loved it too :D

I know, stupid brains!! Sometimes I write some of it down and then look at it the next day and I’m like uhh no that is a TERRIBLE idea ;)

• Posted April 30, 2014 at 9:07 pm | Permalink

Jan! I freaking love you! You make me smile every single post! I LOVE the drawing, your cat drawing and my cat drawing would be best friends, as they are just as awful as each other (I mean that in the most loving way :P ).

This was interesting to think about, and I love how not being able to make impulse buys is a bad thing!! hehe only a girl could say that! Have a wonderful day friend!
    Tina Muir recently posted…Guest Post: A Brand New Workout from Jessie Loves To RunMy Profile

Posted May 2, 2014 at 9:02 am | Permalink

:D You know I love you too! Hehe Glad I can always make you smile.

I want you to draw me a cat picture now, so that I can see it ;) haha

Yes I think impulse buys are definitely a girl thing!

Happy Friday, I hope you are having a great week!

• Posted April 30, 2014 at 9:41 pm | Permalink

I love your humour Jan. This also made me smile. Can definitely relate to a number of these; binge watching TV shows (House of Cards and at the moment checking out an old one, Veronica Mars), remembering names at the start of meeting people, going to sleep. But the one I love and is so true of me too is the beeping people in the car. I get in trouble for that all the time too! Funny thing is that when Mike is driving I’m perfectly capable of reaching over and beeping on his behalf. Oh well!
    Lauren@sweetenough recently posted…Malaysia Part One: LangkawiMy Profile

Posted May 2, 2014 at 9:03 am | Permalink

I’ve heard of House of Cards but haven’t watched it yet – now adding to my binge list ;) OMG I binge watched Veronica Mars earlier in the year, it is so good!! I just watched the movie last weekend it was really good too.

Lol yes it is definitely 10 times easier to find the horn when you aren’t driving!!

• Posted April 30, 2014 at 9:43 pm | Permalink

Haha! I thought I was the only person who couldn’t be bothered listening to voicemail messages either. It’s like getting a phone call is annoying enough, why do I want to make it worse by suffering through a voicemail?! I don’t even have a proper greeting set up haha!
    Tara @ Sweat like a Pig recently posted…I qualified!My Profile

Posted May 2, 2014 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Nope I hate it! And from the other comments lots of other people do too ;) I don’t have a proper greeting set up either, it is the default one, I’ve been too lazy to organise turning my voicemail off.

• Posted April 30, 2014 at 9:45 pm | Permalink

I am dying over this list. I even literally lol-ed! I especially love the not remembering people’s names because I’m the exact same! Literally every time I forget a name, I’m all like “Next time I meet someone, I’m repeating their name to myself. I’m going to do that from now on. I proclaim it!” And then five minutes later I meet someone else and promptly forget to repeat their name to myself and therefore forget their name as well. If my brain would just take some of the space it’s using to remember 90s song lyrics and convert that to name storage, that would be great.
    Kim @ BusyBod recently posted…Currently craving: Fit gearMy Profile

Posted May 2, 2014 at 9:05 am | Permalink

Lol good I am glad ;)

Yes every time I meet someone I am like this time I will repeat and remember their name and then nope it doesn’t happen!

OMG the amount of song lyrics my brain still remembers that it shouldn’t too many! But the one good part is I can still rap (white girl rap) the whole of Salt n Peppa’s Shoop ;) hahah

• Posted April 30, 2014 at 10:19 pm | Permalink

Haha I love this post! I kill plants too all the time. We have one houseplant and it’s a miracle it’s alive because I’ve never watered it. I think Riley must be doing it….I actually relate to a ton of these- remembering people’s names, cooking steak, umbrellas, drawing, netflix.

It’s never been easy for me to watch other people snack without wanting some of what they have. I’m constantly going in to see my office neighbor the second I hear him eating something and being super subtle: “whatcha eatin’? mmm looks good…well if you insist, just a handful” haha I’m the worst.
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…Banana cream smoothieMy Profile

Posted May 2, 2014 at 9:07 am | Permalink

The silly thing is I keep wanting to buy more plants, but I know I will kill them too! I want to see one of your drawings ;) haha

Lol I love that about the snacking thing. That is so funny but so dangerous too if your office neighbour has a habit for being unhealthy, but maybe that is a good thing.

• Posted April 30, 2014 at 11:39 pm | Permalink

I love this post :) Sorry that you have been struggling with an injury. I’ve never broken a bone but I did have to tape my pinky to my ring finger in the sixth grade (I jammed my pinky finger while playing outside!) I was going on a family vacation to the Cayman Island the following week and let’s just say it’s no fun to be in a gorgeous place (particularly a sandy beach) with your fingers taped together!
    Diane @ Life of Di. recently posted…Oh Glorious Day: Easter 2014.My Profile

Posted May 2, 2014 at 11:02 am | Permalink

Glad you loved it :)

Not good you jammed your pinky finger in! My boyfriend has broken one of his fingers at the moment and he is not having fun with it at all.

• Posted May 1, 2014 at 9:15 pm | Permalink

LOL! voicemail and impulse buying.. ack. so true!
    lindsay recently posted…Working Balance into Strength TrainingMy Profile

Posted May 2, 2014 at 11:02 am | Permalink

I know right? :)

• Posted May 1, 2014 at 11:13 pm | Permalink

This is AWESOME! You are so funny. I use my elbow to honk when my hand are busy making gestures. LOL!
    Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table recently posted…ONE More MileMy Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Wow I am in awe of your talent to be able to do that :D I get mad and then it makes me blind ;)

• Posted May 1, 2014 at 11:23 pm | Permalink

HAHA! #1 is so me, i do that about EVERYDAY! And pretty much look like that too. Very guilty of #8…i can never seem to keep my nails pretty. like never! I’ve given up and gone all natural (lol)
    Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake recently posted…My Top Favorite Whole GrainsMy Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:04 am | Permalink

Yes I go through stages with my nails of trying to keep them painted but I always get to the point of getting frustrated with them chipping, go back to natural then they get too short and I start painting them again and the cycle begins again ;)

• Posted May 1, 2014 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

haha hilarious list! And I am the same way with painting my nails. Or whenever I paint my toenails I decide it’s time to put on socks….
    Ursula recently posted…Thursday Foodies: Be a PrepperMy Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:05 am | Permalink

:D I seem to think that painting my nails is a sign to then be really productive instead of doing all the cleaning first and then painting my nails – I should have learnt by now but no.

• Posted May 2, 2014 at 1:42 am | Permalink

STARTING ANYTHING is so hard for me. It always has been. Also number 1 is seriously the best on this list!
    Cassie recently posted…Should We Stop Photographing Our Food?My Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:06 am | Permalink

I’m ok with starting things but it is continuing them that usually gets me. ;)

• Posted May 3, 2014 at 2:13 am | Permalink

The selfie LOL
    Kierston recently posted…#RECIPEFRIDAY: Easy Tomato Basil and Olive Sauce…My Profile

Posted May 7, 2014 at 9:18 am | Permalink