Trial Tuesdays – The one without any new recipes tried.

trial_tuesdays_food

Good morning all…
It is Tuesday which means it is time for another week of Trial Tuesdays! It is also only 8 days left till Christmas.
funny-christmas-cats_16

This edition of Trial Tuesdays is all about trying new things that aren’t recipes! I just didn’t have the time to try any new recipes out but since Trial Tuesdays are all about just trying new things I didn’t worry about it!

For those not familiar, Trial Tuesdays is all about trying new recipes from other bloggers, but also trying out new workouts, new foods, heck anything really!

Trial Tuesdays is all about just trying something new…

Expanding your horizons..

Now onto this weeks post..

trialtuesdays23

#1 Pressed Juice
photo-124

This week I tried out a Pressed Juice from the Pressed Juices company. They make their juices by cold pressing the fruit, they have no additives and they make and bottle new juice almost every day. My best friend and I got some after our brunch on Sunday, I tried out one of their Green Juices, they actually have about 5 different green juices. Mine had apple, celery, cucumber, ginger, kale, lemon, lettuce, parsley and spinach, phew that is A LOT of greens. It was really tasty but their juice costs $9 a bottle. At that cost it is not something I could justify having very often at all. If we had the room I would buy a juicer for home but in our apartment we have very limited storage.

#2 – XBox Fitness

ContentLibrary

Nick recently bought a new Xbox One which comes with a Kinect included and has a fitness section. For those not familiar a Kinect is basically a motion sensor that senses what movements your body is making. The Xbox Fitness has a library of both free and paid workouts broken up into most popular and workouts based on the amount of time you have. I decided to try out 2 of the different 10 minute workouts. The first one I tried was the 10 Minute Solution Cardio Kick boxing. I found it to be fun, I haven’t done kickboxing for ages but it really got my heart rate up and was a good quick workout I could see myself doing again when I don’t have much time but still want a good workout. The Kinect scores you as you workout and counts down the amount of time left in your workout which is both good and bad!

The second workout I tried was a 10 Minute Solution Ab Workout. My abs were dying within the first 2 minutes of the workout and I was definitely counting down the minutes till it ended. I also found since I was on the floor doing crunches and other exercises multiple times the Kinect sensor would lose me and I’d have to stop my workout and stand up for it to find me again before going back to the floor and continuing. It was a great ab workout but not one I would probably do again ;) They have a 40 minute Insanity workout in the library that I am both scared and intrigued to try out.

That’s it for Trial Tuesdays this week.

Want to join in?

Trial Tuesdays

To join me on my Trial Tuesdays simply create a blog post of a recipe, new workout, new food or really anything new you have tried recently, include one of the Trial Tuesdays button above and add your link to the link up tool below.

Alternatively you can suggest a recipe, workout or something new I should trial by posting a comment with a link, emailing me at sproutsnsquats@gmail.com or message me on twitter @sproutsnsquats with the tag #TrialTuesdays.

How often do you have fresh juice?

What new things have you tried lately?

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 11:19 am | Permalink

My coworker was just talking about Xbox and Kinect! So cool that it has a motion sensor!
    Katie @ Daily Cup of Kate recently posted…Gifts That Give BackMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

Yes it is a lot of fun but really makes you work up a sweat :)

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 12:08 pm | Permalink

I wish we had a gaming system that would let me do workouts and stuff, it seems like a lot of fun. I’ve played those dance games before and they’re so fun! I was dancing with a bunch of 11 year old girls and I didn’t even care haha.

I wish there was a place in my town that specialized in fresh juice cause I’d go there all the time!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…Weekend HappeningsMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

Lol those proper dance arcade games are A LOT of fun. Nick is really really good at them because strangely his friends and him used to play them.

You are lucky you don’t as it would be an expensive habit!

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 12:21 pm | Permalink

I would love to try Pressed Juice, I wish there was something similar near me. $9 is pretty pricey though.
    ari @ whatarisaid recently posted…fall, christmas.. and do i get a frequent shopper card?My Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

Yes $9 is just way too much to justify regularly :)

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 12:24 pm | Permalink

$9 a bottle for juice? Wow.

I have a Wii at home and some days I’ll switch it on and play Just Dance 3. Absolutely fun and hilarious. And awkward. But yes those stuffs make you sweat a bunch!
    Aqilah recently posted…Why Carbohydrates Are Not That Evil After AllMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Permalink

I know it is way too expensive!

Sounds like a fun workout though and one that is fun whilst you do it is a good thing in my book.

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 12:34 pm | Permalink

OOh – cannot wait to hear what you think of Insanity!!! It is an awesome cardio workout!
    And is that P90X plyo I see on there? I am a huge P90X fan – and so curious to know if you have tried it before? or will be?
    shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…Banana Walnut Granola Muffins!My Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

I haven’t been game enough to try it, seeing as though it is 40 minutes but over the break I may be inclined to.

I’ve never tried p90x but it is another one I am curious to try out too so may give it a go as well.

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Permalink

Crap, just found a place that delivers juice and signed up for a detox. I have no idea why. I blame you somehow.

Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:03 pm | Permalink

Lol yes blame me ;)

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

I bought a juicer over the summer and made juice at least 3 or 4 times a week, and enough to last for a day. I’m not such a hard core juicer that I won’t drink day-old juice (I just fill the mason jar to the top so it doesn’t oxidize as quickly). I do love cold pressed juices though but I don’t really buy them because they are so expensive!
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…Pause in the ProgrammingMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Permalink

I’d love to buy a juicer but we don’t have the room to store it plus it is expensive to get a good one and of course I’d want a good one. So cool that you have one though and I’d be like you and wouldn’t be against drinking day old juice :)

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Permalink

$9 a bottle?!? Might be too expensive for my taste
    Elise @ 9toFit.com recently posted…5-3-2 Full Body Workout! & win $200 !My Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

I know it is crazy right?

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Permalink

I love your Christmas countdown… and how you always have cats in your posts :P

But holy smokes… $9 for a bottle of juice?! I honestly don’t think I’ve ever come across one that expensive… Unless it gave me wings, I don’t think it’s something I could ever justify buying.
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. chewy white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookies .My Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

Thanks lady :)

I know it is way too much! I didn’t know how much it was till after I had done a taste test and felt obligated to buy a bottle….doubt it will happen again.

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Permalink

I don’t have a Kinect, but I have the Jillian Michaels “Ripped in 30″ DVD and it’s my favorite one by far! It’s such a quick (yet very effective) workout, which is hard to come by for home workout DVDs in my opinion!
    Kathryn @ Illustrated Nutrition recently posted…Winter Workout PlaylistMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:06 pm | Permalink

I love Jillian Michael’s DVDs, the 30 Day Shred is what got me into my fitness more regularly in the first place so I can understand you loving ripped in 30 :)

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

I’m not sure I could ditch out $9.00 for a bottle of juice. I’m currently waiting for my Ninja Ultima to arrive so I can make as much juice as my body can handle. =)
    Jessie recently posted…Eating healthy on Christmas dayMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

I know it was so expensive, I didn’t know how much it was till I paid for it but never again :)

That Ninja juicer sounds awesome!

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

Wooo you busted out the fitness bits of the Xbox! Hope you get some good use out of it! One of my sister’s friends is obsessed with those juices and no joke goes through 2 a day- She lives in Toorak too AND she has a festive front yard….

You get where I’m heading ;)

PS Took a photo of the coconut butter for you, will email you later today!
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…My friends the [ex] food policeMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Permalink

Yes…if she has reindeers included in that festive front lawn…then you, me balaclavas… :D

Yay can’t wait for that photo!!

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 4:42 pm | Permalink

I’m not going to lie, when I was heading on my break at work, I was preparing for my traditional Tuesday of gawking at your trial recipe, thinking ‘why the hell didn’t I think of that?!’ :P But alas, this is just as good :)

At $9 a bottle, I had to scroll back and double check the size, thinking ‘Oh this must be a one liter bottle’. It’s 475ml. My thirst better be damn quenched after that! ;) It kind of reminds me (color wise) of the spirulina variety of the Charlie’s Honest Smoothies. Green = good :D

High-five for Xbox workouts! All in the privacy of your living room, which is handy for yoga in pyjamas. I’m not naming names ;)
    Mitchell recently posted…Spill It SundaysMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

Yeah no it is crazy how expensive it is. It was a nice juice but not $9 good. I think Charlie’s are just as good and cheaper too.

Yoga in pajamas is a great idea!

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 10:37 pm | Permalink

I seem never I tried freshly squeezed juice of Oo drank juice all this packed and filled with sugar in the childhood, and I can’t remember, how many years back it was :D
    Marina @ PBlover and Runner recently posted…#MIMM: Последний ПредзачётныйMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 2:51 pm | Permalink

It is good but so expensive to buy sometimes. I definitely recommend trying fresh stuff one time again if you can :)

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 11:09 pm | Permalink

I’ve looked at doing Pressed and several other juice cleanses in the past, but I just could not justify the price. I’ve asked for a juicer for Christmas, so hopefully I will be able to make my own healthy juices for much less soon.
    Stacie recently posted…White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo BrowniesMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Permalink

I know it is way too expensive! fingers crossed you get that juicer, we don’t have the space to store a juicer in our apartment.

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 11:12 pm | Permalink

I love fresh juice but I try to avoid buying it because it is so darn expensive! But whenever I feel a cold coming on I get an immune booster juice and it always does the trick!
    Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted…{From Left to Write} Downton ABbey WorkoutMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 2:53 pm | Permalink

I know right? So expensive!!

I am the same though when I have a cold I will pay anything for fresh juice if I think it is going to stop me getting sicker.

• Posted December 18, 2013 at 1:13 am | Permalink

I’m actually a little nervous to try green juice – I don’t really understand why because I know that I love green smoothies, but juice just sounds a little intimidating :-p

And give the Insanity workout a shot! It’s a killer workout, for sure.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…Elf for Health: Week 3 Recap.My Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 2:54 pm | Permalink

It was nice, nothing to be scared of, not when it has apple in it to give it some sweetness. Without it I don’t know that I wouldn’t be scared too ;)

Now doing that I am definitely scared of.

• Posted December 18, 2013 at 1:31 am | Permalink

We had a Kinect for the XBox 360 and the games are fun. You can really work up a sweat with the boxing one. That ab workout sounds torturous!

Thanks for hosting the Link Up again this week :D
    Anita recently posted…Trial Tuesday and an Itemized List #7My Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

Yes it is a lot of fun :) We had a kinekt with the old xbox too but found the sensor not as good as this one.

• Posted December 18, 2013 at 2:13 am | Permalink

Whyyyy do juices have to be so expensive?! It makes me want to cry. I bought one from Whole Foods once and I think my wallet started tearing up. When I have a real job maybe I can buy them more often. Or just make my own, haha.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Let’s Talk About IntimidationMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

I know right? So crazy how expensive they are!

If we had room I would buy a juicer but in our small apartment we just don’t have anywhere to store it.

• Posted December 18, 2013 at 4:12 am | Permalink

$9 a bottle?! That is crazy!! You could buy a juicer and juice a ton at your home for that price :)
    Sarah @ Sweet Miles recently posted…Blogger Feature – HWHLMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 3:02 pm | Permalink

I know right? If we had more storage space in our apartment I would definitely buy my own juicer ;)

• Posted December 18, 2013 at 8:18 am | Permalink

Baking bread. I have a new found passion and appreciation!
    Kierston @candyfit recently posted…5 Ingredients To Healthy, Happy Holidays!My Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

I loved seeing your post on how you learnt to bake bread. It has made me want to bake my own too.

One Trackback