Happy Monday

Christmas-Cat-teddybear64-27771002-500-354

Happy happy Monday!! I don’t think there is a happier Monday for me of the year than the one that is the last working one of the year! It is now 5 working days to go (including today) and 9 days till Christmas!

Since I had such a marvelous weekend, I thought I would do a Marvelous in My Monday’s post.

Thanks to Katie for hosting:

#1 Marvelous is going to my work’s Christmas party on Friday night. I originally wasn’t going to go and changed my mind last minute and I am so glad I did as it was fun to catch up with a lot of colleagues I don’t always see since we are always spread out across so many clients at all different offices.

christmas-party

#2 Marvelous is finding the perfect Kris Kringle present. Every year at my mum’s house at Christmas we do Kris Kringle but we play a game called Evil Santa. For those not familiar with the game, everyone brings a present and puts it in a pile, you put numbers in a hat and everyone draws one out. The person that gets number 1 goes first and can pick any present from the pile, however anyone that goes after you picks a present from the pile if they don’t like what they got they can swap their present with anyone else’s gift from before. It is lots of fun but it also makes buying a present tricky as it has to be both gender neutral and age neutral and no more than $30!

I was happy to get this:

4596_26390_30897

It is a serving tray with multiple bowls with tiny spoons, it could be used for serving dips or you could fill it with salt, pepper and sugar. It is probably more for a female but I know if one of the males got it their wife/girlfriend would enjoy it anyway! Now I just need to find a second gift for Nick to bring!

#3 Marvelous is going out for brunch with my best friend for one of our last catch ups before she goes. We went to a great brunch place local to her and I had my standard picks:

photo-123

Poached eggs, avocado, smoked salmon and feta, yum!

#4 Marvelous is getting to spend some much needed time with Nick. He has been working late all week and probably will be all week this week in the lead up to get everything done before the break. We went out for brunch Saturday and spent Saturday night together having dinner and catching up on some Family Guy, American Dad and How I Met Your Mother, it was bliss!

women actress neil patrick harris men barney stinson how i met your mother actors tv series robin sc_wallpaperswa.com_96

#5 Marvelous is a great week of recipes to share with you from other blogs:

Carrot Cake French Toast

Chicken Fingers & Sweet Potato Fries

Chicken in a Sack

Healthified Carrot Cake

Microwave Cinnamon Rolls

Peanut Butter Mug Cake

That’s a wrap!

How was your weekend?

Do you have to do Kris Kringle at work or with your family?

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 8:05 am | Permalink

Thanks for sharing my recipe! :-) Woohoo for the last week of work before some time off!
    Erica @ For the Sake of Cake recently posted…Sunday Snapshots – 12/15My Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:17 pm | Permalink

:) I know I can’t wait!

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 9:00 am | Permalink

It’s so strange to see a Monday post when it’s still Sunday afternoon here :lol: Happy Monday, lady :)

I’ve never played Bad Santa, but it seriously sounds like a fun tradition to have. I’d probably just buy a gift involving chocolate… everyone loves chocolate, right?

My weekend? Lots of snowboarding in the mountains, and lots of time spent driving in the car.the weather happened to be gorgeous for once, so it was great to take advantage of it!
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. link love 12/15 .My Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:18 pm | Permalink

:) It is now Tuesday here ;)

It is lots of fun. Chocolate is good and everyone loves to get it but the most stolen gifts tend to be Cookbooks or homewares. My family are real foodies ;)

Sounds like a great weekend!

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 9:36 am | Permalink

Thanks for sharing my recipe! It’ll be my last Monday for the year too, so I’m so excited! I love the present game, though we call it white elephant gift exchange here (no idea why). We’re playing it at work on Wednesday so I need to find something. Usually wine, Starbucks gift cards, and lottery tickets are the hot items!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food recently posted…I know I’m sick when….My Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:19 pm | Permalink

Of course lady! It looked like a great one and my favourite kind of cake too :)

That is funny as we call White Elephant a thing where you take in your old stuff to be sold at say a School Fair ;)

Who doesn’t like getting wine!

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 9:51 am | Permalink

Sounds like a great weekend mixed with relaxation and some fun- Did you give your bestie a wish list from London? ;)

Seriously this week must be carrot cake week on the HLB world…sparked an intense craving! My weekend was 1/4 of a right off. Open bar NOT including spirits = having to down in wine.
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Spill it, Sundays #3- Film ThemeMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Permalink

No she’s going to Sri Lanka on the way home and will not be able to bring much back with her, but I like your thinking!

I know right? How many recipes were they? It is funny how it happens.

You are growing up, you’ll be loving wine before you know it! hehe

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 10:41 am | Permalink

That serving dish is awesome, such a great gift :)
    Glad you had an awesome weekend!
    Cori @ olivetorun recently posted…Why Do You Write?My Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

I know I was stoked to find one great gift to give…now just need a second one :)

Thanks lady and thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods. Hope you had a great weekend too.

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 11:45 am | Permalink

Carrot cake French toast??! O to the M to the G. I’m going to need to check that recipe out!
    Becky @ Olives n Wine recently posted…Tiger fingers, playin’ tough, a Christmas miracle and a birthday party!My Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

I know!??! How delicious does it sound? :)

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 11:55 am | Permalink

I don’t think we ever have a Christmas party at work :(
    Matt @ Runner Savvy recently posted…#Elf4Health: Gratitude ListMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:21 pm | Permalink

Oh no, that’s not fun :(

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

Love these MIIM posts! I might have to start doing them soon too. That gift you got is so awesome! I would love to get those too! All of those recipes sound amazing too. Thanks for sharing the links!
    Christie Anderson @kissesandkale.blogspot.com recently posted…12/15 Weekly Meal/Fitness PlanMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Yes they are a nice way to do a weekend recap :)

I know me too, I almost wanted to buy a second one for us at home too.

Of course! Now to find the time to make them.

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 1:19 pm | Permalink

Hey, that breakfast looks familiar ;-) Happy Monday my lady! You’re lucky it’s your last working Monday… We only get Christmas Eve & Christmas off wahhh. PS I just died at the microwave cinnamon rolls. Thanks for sharing!
    Julie recently posted…Graduation Brunch at Zilly BeeMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:30 pm | Permalink

:D Happy now Tuesday!

Wow that is not fun at all :(

I know how delicious do they look?

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 1:27 pm | Permalink

That Brunch looks amazing! We do dirty Santa, and it’s basically the same concept! It sounds like you had a great weekend, and enjoy your last week of work before Christmas!
    Heather Murphy recently posted…A hint of holiday.My Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

lol I love that name though, too funny!

Thank you, it is now almost the end of Tuesday, 3 days to go!

Happy Tuesday.

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 1:35 pm | Permalink

That little serving dish is adorable! I’d be stealing that for sure! We are doing something similar at work this year and I’ve done it in years past. It is called all different things here in the US. I’ve heard of it being called a yankee swap, and a white elephant gift exchange. I’m sure there are more names out there too!
    Danielle @ Green is the New Black recently posted…Friday Five: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About MeMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

:D I hope everyone else thinks so too.

I love all those different names, it is funny how people call it different things.

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Permalink

We don’t have Kris Kringle here, but I think White Elephant gift exchanges are similar. You definitely need to post what you end up getting!

That’s great that you got to spend time with your friend before they head off to Europe! :)

Thanks for sharing my cinnamon roll recipe. Happy Monday!
    Eating 4 Balance recently posted…Microwave Cinnamon Rolls — 12 Days of Allergy-Free Christmas Recipes Day OneMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Permalink

Yes I will don’t worry :) Just have to remember to!

Yes we had lunch again today it was funny saying goodbye to her as it doesn’t feel like she’s really going.

It looks like a great one.

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 2:33 pm | Permalink

Oh, I love these series too… Actually, I it seems as the serial addict – I saw all seasons of Friends and the New Girl for these three months. I look Breaking Bad now… Such classy! So usually my weekend is many series, it is a little prep of food and very few study for my exam :D
    Marina @ PBlover and Runner recently posted…Контролируй Это, Контролируй То. Часть 2My Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

I loved Friends! I need to try and watch New Girl again I watched the first few episodes but then never got into it.

Breaking Bad my boyfriend and I have watched the first 2 seasons but have lots more to watch.

Hope your exam goes well :)

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 2:42 pm | Permalink

Those serving bowls and spoons are SO cute!! I love the lids and tray.
    Brittany recently posted…Not How I Used to BeMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Permalink

:) I know I kind of want to get one just for me too!

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 3:04 pm | Permalink

You sure made out w/ one awesome gift. I can imagine you’ll be putting it to good use. Call me a little kid, but I had to laugh when I read “chicken in a sack” Ha Ha Ha! Do I sound immature? Oh well!
    Jessie recently posted…MIMM: Fiber Love Review & GiveawayMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Permalink

I only hope I get a gift this good!

I know I laughed at the recipe title too :)

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 3:16 pm | Permalink

I have no idea what Kris Kringle is but if you mean Secret Santa then fortunately no I do have to haha. Is it horrible that I don’t like those things? I always end up with things I don’t want or need! Plus I always have a hard time abiding by the budget because I want my gift to be the best…and then I end up with a flashlight. fail.
    Davida @ The Healthy Maven recently posted…{MIMM} Weekend Recap 12/13-12/15My Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Permalink

No it isn’t horrible! We had one at work that was optional, so I didn’t participate as I don’t really love it as you always tend to get something you don’t want. At least with evil santa there is a chance of a better gift.

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 7:06 pm | Permalink

I’d been looking at that recipe for the chicken fingers! If you make it you’ll have to let me know what it’s like, it looks so simple yet effective :) Bit of homemade bread crumbs too would be just the ticket for it ;)

We’re doing Kris Kringle this year, although more ‘Secret Santa’ style, where you are given one person to buy for – and even better so you can ‘suggest’ what you’d like ;)

I confess to losing my weekend to a few too many Family Guy episodes (the older ones, which absolutely annihilate the later episodes).

Happy Monday :D
    Mitchell recently posted…Spill It SundaysMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

I know it looks like a great recipe, doesn’t it? :)

That is good, you have a hope of getting a good present then!

I love any episodes of Family Guy, always a time killer!

Hope you are having a good week!

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

That brunch looks deliciousssss and having a TV catch up nights is always bliss. My family doesn’t play Kris Kringle, but I have played it before, though here it’s called something else but I can’t remember what. Ahh well….happy LAST MONDAY!! Or maybe it’s Tuesday where you are by now?
    Erin @ The Almond Eater recently posted…Weekend Wrap-Up 12/13-12/15My Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

It was so good!

It sounds like a lot of people call it something else!

It was Monday when I first read your comment but now it is Tuesday, so Happy Tuesday ;)

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Permalink

Evil Santa is so so much fun! I have played it at work and at friends homes – never with my family though.
    That looks like one heck of an awesome brunch!
    My last Monday for this year too and so super psyched to be on vacay from this Friday :)
    shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com recently posted…Banana Walnut Granola Muffins!My Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:40 pm | Permalink

Yes it is great, especially with family :)

Brunch was so so good!

I know I can’t wait, yay!!

• Posted December 16, 2013 at 11:08 pm | Permalink

At first I thought I hadn’t played Evil Santa, but I actually have grown up playing it. We just call it a white elephant gift exchange, but I’m totally liking your name for it better!
    Stacie recently posted…White Chocolate Peppermint Oreo BrowniesMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Permalink

Lol it is funny to hear what other names people have for the same thing :)

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 2:05 am | Permalink

OMG I love the idea of Evil Santa! At my Christmas party on Saturday night, I had to buy a present that was gender-neutral and less than £5!!! My present was a hit though so I needn’t have worried :) I love the idea of swapping gifts though. What a shame for the person who ends up with a crappy gift! haha
    Tara @ Sweat like a Pig recently posted…Too tired for leg dayMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

Lol I know that is what makes it fun is that there is always the people left with the not great gifts. Or seeing people’s face when a great gift they got is stolen from them :)

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 2:08 am | Permalink

Happy Monday, Jan! Glad to know you had a marvelous weekend! The serving tray with multiple bowls & spoons are absolutely cute! Me too, I’m on the same page as Davida’s, what is Kris Krangle?! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you!

Posted December 17, 2013 at 4:02 pm | Permalink

Happy now Tuesday to you Rika :)

I know isn’t it cute?

I think Kris Kringle is the same as what you may call White Elephant gift exchange?

Hope you have a great holiday and Christmas too <3

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 2:17 am | Permalink

Sounds like a very marvelous weekend indeed! I wasn’t sure what I was going to do for breakfast this morning and I’ll be making some poached eggs. :)

You really need to stop sharing these recipes … I spend all morning bookmarking them and following the links to other goodies! It’s like the Internet version of Alice and the Rabbit Hole.

I tried to get Mister’s family on board with a similar gift exchange one year but they didn’t think it was a good idea. Grumpy buggers :D Happy Monday!
    Anita recently posted…MIMM #8My Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 4:03 pm | Permalink

Poached eggs is always a winner :)

I know, there are just way too many recipes that I need to make!

It is a fun idea, shame you couldn’t get your husbands family on board with it :)

Happy now Tuesday <3

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 2:51 am | Permalink

Love the recipes!! and for the reminder that I have to catch up on How I Met Your Mother before it’s officially over! We were snowed in over here so the weekend was great. Reading and cleaning was on the agenda. It also gave me time to go through blogs and I’m loving your guest post the other day! Well done lady. :)
    Diana @sosmallsostrong recently posted…Eating styles? Do I have one?My Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 4:04 pm | Permalink

I know, I’ve been forgetting and then watching a few episodes in a row to catch up, I think because I don’t want the show to end :)

Thank you Diana for your kind words!

Your weekend sounded great, being snowed in doesn’t sound like a bad thing.

<3 <3

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:12 am | Permalink

Around my town we call the Kris Kringle game White Elephant. I don’t know why. I’ve never played it myself, but my mom’s work does it every year. Has HIMYM been good? I heard some pretty negative things about this last season. I usually just watch reruns of it so I probably won’t catch this season until it’s syndicated.
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Double Link-UpMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 4:05 pm | Permalink

I think it is funny how many different names people call it, based on all the comments there are A LOT of different names :)

I love HIMYM so I am probably biased, there was 1 episode that was a bit crap but apart from that I’ve loved it all!

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 3:50 am | Permalink

Those little dishes are so cute! I’ve never heard that game called Evil Santa but I’ve played the same thing where it’s been called White Elephant :) Evil Santa is actually much more fitting!
    Alex @ Kenzie Life recently posted…Pause in the ProgrammingMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

:D I love hearing all the different names people have for it.

I really want a set of the dishes for myself too.

Happy Tuesday lovely <3

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 7:18 am | Permalink

Oh I love that gift game! We call it White Elephant here, and we are actually playing it tomorrow at my work Christmas party. I’m hoping that the snow holds off so that it doesn’t get canceled!
    Amy @ Long Drive Journey recently posted…A Whole Lot Better Than Good EnoughMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

I hope you ended up playing it and the snow held off for you :) It can be a lot of fun.

Happy now Tuesday <3 <3

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 11:54 am | Permalink

That’s my kinda brunch :)
    Matt @ Runner Savvy recently posted…Scenes From The Weekend and Weekly Running RecapMy Profile

Posted December 17, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Permalink

:D It was so good!

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 12:19 pm | Permalink

That Kris Kringle thing sounds fun, although I’ve never done it! Love the gift you picked out to bring. :)
    Karey @ Nutty About Health recently posted…MIMM: Sunday SmilesMy Profile

Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Permalink

It is a lot of fun :)

Thanks Karey, hopefully everyone else loves it too!

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Thanks so much for the recipe shout out love!!! Loved this post! Happy Monday ;-)

• Posted December 17, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

Posted December 18, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Permalink

Of course lovely :) I always love your recipes.

• Posted December 20, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Permalink

Aww, thanks for the link love, darlin! Those little cups are the cutest! I would have bought them for MYSELF! Yeah, Christmas shopping is always hard for me…as I always end up buying myself a ton of gifts! Haha! We did a little dirty Santa thing last year for Christmas with my dad’s side of the family…and I was the only one who stole anything! Lol
    Heather @ Kiss My Broccoli recently posted…Thinking Out LoudMy Profile